Saturday, March 9, 2013

Kale Chips

My sister Jennifer has been raving about kale and how great tasting it is for a few weeks now. Crispy and salty, and its a decent substitute to chip cravings. I had my doubts but curiosity got the best of me and decided to give it a try (how good could baked leaves be right?!). I told myself that the next time at the store if I saw it and it was a decent price, then I would try it. I found it and it was quite affordable at $2.49 a bunch. Olivia came over and we gave it a try! Of course we had a camera on hand to document the experience!


sea salt, olive oil, kale

        We made four different flavours to try. Cajun, sea salt and pepper, seasoned salt and plain sea salt.
Four tasty ways!

at 375 for around 8 minutes or until crispy
















While we were both not sure of the out come of this recipes taste we could not stop eating them! They were in fact very crunchy and very crispy but we both decided that they are no substitute for chips! 

Here is the recipe for you to try!

Ingredients :
a bunch of kale 
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees ferinheight.
2. Wash the kale, being sure to get in all the nooks and crannies of the leaves. 
3. Dry completely (important so it does not go soggy in the oven).
4. Rip the kale leaves into chip sized pieces leaving out the stems.
5. Drizzle oil and season with sea salt. Rub it onto the leaves. 
6. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for around 8 minutes or until crispy. 
7. Remove and enjoy.

So there you have it! Give it a try and tell us how you liked it and your variations of spices and seasoning mixes! 

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment