Wednesday, March 20, 2013

5 Ingredients, 1 Masterpiece!

Yesterday while laying on my bed beside my husband while both Logan and Amelia were having a nap (at the same time!? I know, wonderful!),  I was browsing on Pinterest. James, my husband, saw this recipe and decided we needed to make it then and there. He even went into the kitchen and started to make graham cracker crumbs as that is what it called for but we only had actual graham crackers! Since he is a die hard peanut butter cup lover and was going to help, we made them.

After the blender went on, well both kids were up. I had Amelia attached to me in the baby wrap and James pretty much took this on himself. Sort of! I did some of the work too! 

Here is the recipe. It is amazing! They really do taste like a peanut butter cup. James describes them as a peanut butter nanaimo bar. The graham cracker is what gives it the same sort of crumbly texture as the real ones.


Peanut butter bars

1 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups icing sugar
1 cup + 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1. Mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, icing sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter.
2. Press into an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. 
3. Melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. 
4. Spread over the peanut butter layer and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into squares.

Give it a try and you wont regret it! 


 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment