Friday, March 15, 2013

Irish Dip

While down in Florida visiting family a few years back, my aunt was having a St.Patrick's Day party. My cousin Rebecca in the spirit of the holiday, made the most amazing warm dip I've ever tasted! Now, this dip does contain sauerkraut, and I know it has an acquired taste, but I have shared this recipe with friends that did not like sauerkraut, but loved this dip! So hear is the recipe, I hope you all love it as much as I do, now I don't currently have a pic maybe Sunday but it's so delicious you have to try it, it's the perfect party recipe for St.Patty's day, and I guarantee that everyone will be asking for this recipe!



What you will need:
1 medium sized jar of sauerkraut
1/2lb of corned beef or Pastrami
1 cup thousand island dressing
1 cup of grated Swiss cheese
1 block of cream cheese

I usually make this dip in a crock pot, but a large pot will do as well. combine all ingredients in crock pot, and let it sit for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently (may take longer, it all depends how long it take for the cheese to melt and all the flavours combine)

server warm. you can server it with Melba toast, crackers, pita bread, corn chips...whatever you like!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment