Monday, June 17, 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Frosted Corn Flake Cereal Clusters aka Scotchies

A few weeks back, I received a box of amazingly tasty clusters. They were so crisp and peanut-buttery with full peanuts in them. My husband thought that it was fried chicken at first glance, then was sad when he found out there were not! Anyways, they were so good that I did some Pinterest searching for the recipe for them. I came across a few but this one was the most simple and all the ingredients were in my pantry all ready. What makes it even better? They are a No Bake cookie!
You can find the link to the recipe I followed here.

I ended up making a few changes along the way that I believe needed to be done without causing my teeth to fall out!

What you will need:
1 cup of butterscotch chips
1 cup of peanut butter
3-4 cups of corn flakes (original used 1 cup of frosted flakes)

What you do:
Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter over low heat in a pot.
Mix cornflakes into pot and stir until it is all covered with the peanut butter mixture.
Spoon onto wax paper covered cookie sheet then chill in the fridge until firm. About 1 hour.

I cannot stress about how good these things are! Once you make them, you will make them over and over again they are that good. Adding some other extras would make them even better, like peanuts, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, the possibilities are endless. James even made up his own name for them, 'cluster f**ks'! That man, I tell you!

Simple, Fast and Tasty!
By Mommy Melissa

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh they really are! I made another batch last night after writing this post!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete