Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pinterest Challenge : BBQ Cauliflower Bites

I found this pretty yummy looking recipe on Pinterest and I thought that it looked really great! Chicken wings are a family favourite here and a healthy alternative to that would be amazing! These BBQ Cauliflower Bites were said to taste just like chicken wings but made from a vegetable. That sounded too good to be true!
and it was...

Here is the recipe I followed.
1/2 Head of Cauliflower cut into 1 inch strips about 2 inches long
1 Cup of Flour
1 Cup of Non Dairy Milk (I used baby rice cereal as a substitute)
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon of Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Liquid Smoke (optional so I did not use it)
1 Cup of BBQ Sauce (I used spicy hot wing sauce)

1. Preheat oven to 450f.
2.  Mix all dry ingredients together then dip the cauliflower into it making sure to cover it everywhere.
3. Place on a non stick cookie sheet or one sprayed with PAM.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the BBQ sauce in a pot.
5. Dunk each piece of cauliflower into the sauce then bake another 5 minutes.


Click here to go to the blog with the original post.



I don't think that I will make this again. Honestly, it was bar-b-q covered cauliflower.

Who knows, maybe I did not do it right for some reason but the directions were followed as they were written.

Give it a try if you like this kind of flavour. Maybe it would be a good side to steak? It was not horrible, but it was not too good either....

If you try to give this recipe a go, let us know how your results turned out. Hopefully better than mine!






By Mommy Melissa

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment