Friday, August 30, 2013

Creamy Taco Soup


Here is my Pinterest Challenge post for the week. Well its more of two pins that I mashed together to make it my own version, so would this be a pin challenge or not? Might as well! I liked different parts of each but not the entire thing. Its a creamy taco soup made in the slow cooker. You use chicken breast instead of beef which makes it healthier. It was delicious! Since I was cooking this meal for my sister and her family as well to enjoy, I did not add any hot peppers as the kids would be eating it too. This recipe is a winner in my book as well as with everyone else!

Here it is! Creamy Taco Soup
(pins I combined are found here and here)

2 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded
1 can white beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans
2 small cans kernel corn, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbs lime juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package of taco seasoning
1/2 tbs cumin
500 mL tub of sour cream
shredded cheese
tortilla chips, crushed in medium size bits

1. Combine everything in the slow cooker other than the sour cream, cheese and chips.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Mix the sour cream into the soup, then serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips on top.

Since my husband and I like spicy food, we added hot sauce to our own. If you like it hot, try adding some chili peppers and hot sauce with the rest of the ingredients to kick it up a notch.

By Mommy Melissa

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment