Monday, September 9, 2013

The Cleaning Power of Baking Soda

Everyone knows that baking soda is great at keeping refrigerators smelling fresh. But when it comes to cleaning, baking soda is a miracle worker!
James decided one day, he was going to try and make clove oil (lord knows why). He had no clue what he was doing but he saw it on YouTube so it couldn't be that hard... a black pot and a house smelling of burnt cloves later he tells me he might have done it wrong and will have to throw away my pot. I was mad! The pots I use are the best! They were my mom and dads, which they bought many, many years ago. I would not believe it was trash. I WOULD fix it! With a little effort and baking soda.
Check out his handy work!

You can see the burnt coming off

Almost good as new! 
First you will need to collect a sponge and baking soda. Pour a generous amount into the pot and scrub your heart out! It will take some elbow grease but its worth the effort. Give it a good wash down and good as new! Since the clove smell was very prominent, I boiled some water and vinegar in the pot for a few minutes then scrubbed it down again and the smell was gone.

James gets to live another day, thanks to the cleaning power of Baking Soda!

Works great to remove tea stains from mugs too!

by Mommy Melissa

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment