Friday, October 24, 2014

Whole Wheat Pancakes

I came up with this recipe one day when I was craving pancakes, but sadly we were out of the mix. I found a recipe online for how to make pancakes from scratch in general... but I have altered a few ingredients for more healthy options. I will post the original recipe and my healthier version for all you wonderful readers! :) Did I mention these were the best pancakes I've ever tasted? Oh yes they are!


What you will need:

- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups of milk

1. Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in bowl.

2. Add in egg, yogurt, oil and milk- mix together. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.

3. Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes, until it bubbles, flip over for another 1-2 minutes. Keep a close eye make sure it doesn't burn!

4. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment