Monday, April 1, 2013

Monthly Feature: Sarah's Potato Donuts

What you will need:
3 cups of sugar
3 cups of mashed potatoes
6 eggs
1/2 cups of vegetable oil (or whatever oil u want, I used corn oil today and it was good)
1 1/2 cups of milk
8 cups of flour
5tbl spoons of baking powder

(This makes ALOT I cut the recipe in half and it still made about 30, plus I had left over dough that I froze)

Preparation:
Mix sugar and mashed potatoes until consistency of paste. Add eggs and beat. Add vegetable oil, milk, flour and baking powder. More flour may be added if necessary (I usually add a tonn of flour, anytime the dough is sticky load er up with flour :) )

Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out with floured doughnut cutter. (I just use a cup) Roll the dough into a worm (there's probably a better way to describe it but w/e lol) and then attach the ends to make a circle. (make sure the ends are attached well so they don't fall apart when u fry them) 

Next I put a bunch of oil (I don't measure) into a frying pan (or you can use a deep fryer) heat the oil and drop the doughnuts, 2 or 3 at a time, into the hot fat. Fry, turning once, for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, let them cool and eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment